httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <>
Subject Re: Unless I'm terribly confused
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 06:10:50 GMT
Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> On 31/12/2007, William A. Rowe, Jr. <> wrote:
>>>  Unfortunately, you can't have clashing (multiple) Limit's (or
>>> LimitExcepts)
>>>  in the context of a single directory.  (Of course Limit is so broken in
>>>  such respects that it needs to be redone from the ground up).
> Why not?  That was certainly the intention when I added it.

Unless they entirely create a dir-section, it isn't going to work.  Just
pondering it - I'll research.

But the way it's coded, there's nothing but the bit flag (previously
the string list) in the dir section, and AFAICT, there is no code in
there which actually creates a dir-section per <limit> artifact.  The
<Limit> artifact is only observed by specific directives.

Re-investigating, this is now from 15 mos old memory...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message