httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: Turkish translations
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 10:31:57 GMT
Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We as the Turkish Linux Documentation WG [1] would like to translate the
> Apache documents. We would like to launch an apache.belgeler.org site for the
> Turkish translation project. I am the founder and coordinator of this WG.

You are more than welcome to submit patches to this ML to be committed
to the live documentation.

> I checked out 2.0, 2.2 and trunk documents from svn apache.org. Would it
> be sufficient if we packaged the translated documents using the same
> classification from the working directories?

Packaged, how so?

> In the meantime, I would like to point to a problem: The document
> located at http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sitemap.html gives a broken
> link error at validator.w3.org. This applies to 2.2 and trunk.

The easiest way for you to have this fixed, is submit an SVN diff/patch
to this ML and it will be reviewed and committed.

When you submit any new documents (or patches) for translations these
need to be sent to this ML.  But in the email you need to identify the
person who created the change, and then also identify who reviewed these
changes.  I am not aware of any current native Turkish speakers in the
docs group (if there are, please corrrect me).

The people who create, and review the work before it is sent to us both
need to be native speakers of the language.  See out docs-projects
translations page here:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-project/translations.html

Cheers,
Tony