httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Per Lundberg" <Per.Lundb...@bredband.com>
Subject Found minor typo in documentation for AuthLDAPURL / mod_authnz_ldap with redundant servers in the URL
Date Tue, 04 Mar 2008 09:48:17 GMT
Hello,

Trying to set up LDAP authentication in my Apache, I found a slight
problem in the manual (more specifically on this page:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#examples)

The example for redundant LDAP servers is "almost" correct, showing:

	AuthLDAPURL ldap://ldap1.airius.com ldap2.airius.com/ou=People,
o=Airius
	Require valid-user

However, when usin this setup you will get an error similar to this:

	Syntax error on line 51 of
/opt/csw/apache2/etc/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf:
	Invalid LDAP connection mode setting: must be one of NONE, SSL,
or TLS/STARTTLS

This is because the AuthLDAPURL is being incorrectly split up in the
parsing of the Apache 2.2 config file, and the second "keyword" becomes
"ldap2.airius.com/ou=People," which is incorrect syntax (the
configuration parser expects an LDAP connection mode according to the
manual,
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_authnz_ldap.html#authldapurl)

The correct way to do it is enquoting the URL in double quotes:

	AuthLDAPURL "ldap://ldap1.airius.com ldap2.airius.com/ou=People,
o=Airius"
	Require valid-user

Works like a charm for me. :) Hope this helps someone!
--
Best regards
Per Lundberg