httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Turkish translations
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 22:22:17 GMT
* Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:

> > Hmm, what I don't understand is why you change status and contexts at
> > all. These changes have no visible effect (but break non-html builds).
> > I'd rather leave them as-is.
>
> Since status and contexts do not contain texts that can be translated, I
> made them into attributes. I did this so the translators should not be
> guessing how their translated text does not end up. (As generally
> assumed, attribute values are not translation targets) Also since my
> purpose here is to eliminate any undesired visible effects, it is only
> normal that these changes have no visible effect.
>
> The Turkish translation team already knows that status and contexts do
> not need to be translated. Therefore the changes you made are OK with me.

Alright.

> > Regarding the other changes, I've attached an alternative patch derived
> > from yours (still containing a latex todo, but the latex build is a big
> > todo anyway) . Is that patch acceptable to you? (I left out content
> > changes in tr.xml).
>
> These changes are only for trunk, right? Are you also going to make
> changes to 2.0 and 2.2?

Yes, I waited doing these until we cleared the stuff.

> If you let me know that you applied the changes in svn, I will send you
> a separate patch for those content changes that you skipped in tr.xml.

done.

I've made one additional change: the tr output files are named
*.html.tr.utf8 now.
Also, the httpd config files (for distribution and on httpd.apache.org) have
been adjusted to deliver those file labeled correctly.

Sooo, I'd say, you're ready to go.

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"