httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Nilgün Belma Bugüner <nil...@belgeler.gen.tr>
Subject Re: Turkish translations
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:48:35 GMT
12 Mar 2008 Çar 02:08 sularında, André Malo şunları yazmıştı:
> * Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:
>
> > I have made small patch packages.
> > manual-2.2.tar.bz2 contains patches for 2.0 and 2.2, and
> > manual-trunk.tar.bz2 contains patches for trunk.
> >
> > If you apply the changes in en.xml to the files in other languages,
> > the existing translated documents in those languages will not be
> > affected by this change. The characteristic of this package is that
> > it will not affect the existing translated files.
> >
> > The patches in manual-trunk.tar.bz2 nevertheless do affect the existing
> > translated files. This package contains the regular changes and requires
> > that <module>.xml files in the mod/ folder be revised. The package also
> > contains a sample patch for mod_action.xml. Also <legend> label along
> > with its content needs to be deleted from mod/qucikreference.xml file.
> > "legend" label does not exist in DTD any more; DTD has changed to some
> > extent. If it will be difficult for you to apply this package, you can
> > replace style/lang patches in the earlier package with the corresponding
> > ones in this package, and then apply only the earlier package.
>
> Hmm, what I don't understand is why you change status and contexts at all.
> These changes have no visible effect (but break non-html builds). I'd
> rather leave them as-is.

Since status and contexts do not contain texts that can be translated, I
made them into attributes. I did this so the translators should not be
guessing how their translated text does not end up. (As generally
assumed, attribute values are not translation targets) Also since my
purpose here is to eliminate any undesired visible effects, it is only
normal that these changes have no visible effect.

The Turkish translation team already knows that status and contexts do
not need to be translated. Therefore the changes you made are OK with me.

> Regarding the other changes, I've attached an alternative patch derived from
> yours (still containing a latex todo, but the latex build is a big todo
> anyway) . Is that patch acceptable to you? (I left out content changes in
> tr.xml).

These changes are only for trunk, right? Are you also going to make
changes to 2.0 and 2.2?

If you let me know that you applied the changes in svn, I will send you
a separate patch for those content changes that you skipped in tr.xml.

Nilgün