httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Turkish translations
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 00:08:39 GMT
* Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:

> I have made small patch packages.
> manual-2.2.tar.bz2 contains patches for 2.0 and 2.2, and
> manual-trunk.tar.bz2 contains patches for trunk.
>
> If you apply the changes in en.xml to the files in other languages,
> the existing translated documents in those languages will not be
> affected by this change. The characteristic of this package is that
> it will not affect the existing translated files.
>
> The patches in manual-trunk.tar.bz2 nevertheless do affect the existing
> translated files. This package contains the regular changes and requires
> that <module>.xml files in the mod/ folder be revised. The package also
> contains a sample patch for mod_action.xml. Also <legend> label along
> with its content needs to be deleted from mod/qucikreference.xml file.
> "legend" label does not exist in DTD any more; DTD has changed to some
> extent. If it will be difficult for you to apply this package, you can
> replace style/lang patches in the earlier package with the corresponding
> ones in this package, and then apply only the earlier package.

Hmm, what I don't understand is why you change status and contexts at all.
These changes have no visible effect (but break non-html builds). I'd
rather leave them as-is.

Regarding the other changes, I've attached an alternative patch derived from
yours (still containing a latex todo, but the latex build is a big todo
anyway) . Is that patch acceptable to you? (I left out content changes in
tr.xml).

nd
--
"Solides und umfangreiches Buch"