httpd-docs mailing list archives

From André Malo ...@perlig.de>
Subject Re: Turkish translations
Date Fri, 07 Mar 2008 17:24:29 GMT
* Nilgün Belma Bugüner wrote:

> 07 Mar 2008 Cum 17:05 sularında, André Malo şunları yazmıştı:
> > Ehm, the file is *completely* autogenerated. Editing and patching will
> > be destroyed next time someone calls the bootstrap build.
> > What is you patch supposed to achieve?
>
> This is what I wanted to achieve:
>
> 1. Generate the following end-of-page lines:
> 	Copyright 2008 The Apache Software Foundation.
> 	Apache License, Version 2.0 altında lisanslıdır.
> (See: http://nilgun.buguner.name.tr/apache/2.2/index.html.tr )
>
> 2. Make sure the tables generated with quickreference.xml.tr are not
> half Turkish half English.
> (See:
> http://nilgun.buguner.name.tr/apache/2.2/mod/quickreference.html.tr )

Both of these items are by design and should not be changed. Item 1 is
questionable though and might be discussed. It's a text with legal
implications, so this discussion might need a greater audience (but IANAL:
someone may correct me here). Note that language mixes also may occur in
more files than the quickreference (e.g. the module list).

> 3. Replace certain strings of the modules and directives that do not
> have to be in English with their Turkish translation. If we do this in
> the original translation then quickreference.xml.tr will not be
> generated or will be generated with errors. This is because some of your
> XSLT code have references to replacement text rather than attribute.

* What errors are that?

* If there are more texts to replace, those need to go into the tr.xml file
(and each other language file as well). If you can provide a list of the
texts and contexts I can hack that into the other language files and the
main xslt so each translation can make use of it.

nd