httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: mod_substitute f flag
Date Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:52:38 GMT

On Feb 11, 2008, at 09:46, Rich Bowen wrote:

> The docs for mod_substitute say:

>     The f flag causes mod_substitute to flatten the result of a
> substitution allowing for later substitutions to take place on the
> boundary of this one.
>
> Can someone tell me what that means? Perhaps give an example of
> when I might want to use it? I'm unable to figure out what
> "flatten" means in this context. Is there a case when something
> will break if I don't use f?

I've just been informed that there was some discussion of this on
dev@. I'll try to read that thread and see if it helps. I'd really
like something less cryptic in the docs, so that folks know when to
use f, and don't just throw it on just to see if it helps.

--
"She had a pretty gift for quotation, which is a serviceable
substitute for wit."