httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "RewriteFeed" by ServerSpook
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2007 19:59:49 GMT

On Nov 9, 2007, at 14:01, Apache Wiki wrote:

> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpd Wiki"
> for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by ServerSpook:
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/RewriteFeed
>
> The comment on the change is:
> not sure correct place?

I gotta admit I'm kind of perplexed here. The recipe in no way does
what the title promises, and so without some explanatory text, I
can't imagine what it's actually supposed to be doing. Additionally,
it uses .* where it really should be using ^ and it uses (.*) where
it should be using ... what exactly, I don't know, since the captured
match isn't used, and THE_REQUEST is used rather than REQUEST_URI,
thus requiring a rather more complicated match than necessary.

So ... what is this actually supposed to do, since it doesn't
actually rewrite anything to feedburner, as the title claims?

Can you provide at least a little explanation, including a mention of
what URL is meant to be rewritten to what other URL?

My inclination was to just delete it, since it isn't useful, but,
since I have the mother of all headaches today, I'm willing to
concede that I'm not in the best mood, and so am probably
overreacting. Persuade me I am.

--
Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above
principles.