httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Bernard" <...@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject RE: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "RewriteFeed" by ServerSpook
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2007 16:34:36 GMT
Hello,

I have not attempted to make the change you suggested.

Some thing is not quite right here, why I am I being sent this message????

  _____

From: Rich Bowen [mailto:rbowen@rcbowen.com]
Sent: 09 November 2007 20:00
To: docs@httpd.apache.org
Cc: wiki-changes@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "RewriteFeed" by ServerSpook

On Nov 9, 2007, at 14:01, Apache Wiki wrote:

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpd Wiki" for
change notification.

The following page has been changed by ServerSpook:

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/RewriteFeed

The comment on the change is:

not sure correct place?

I gotta admit I'm kind of perplexed here. The recipe in no way does what the
title promises, and so without some explanatory text, I can't imagine what
it's actually supposed to be doing. Additionally, it uses .* where it really
should be using ^ and it uses (.*) where it should be using ... what
exactly, I don't know, since the captured match isn't used, and THE_REQUEST
is used rather than REQUEST_URI, thus requiring a rather more complicated
match than necessary.

So ... what is this actually supposed to do, since it doesn't actually
rewrite anything to feedburner, as the title claims?

Can you provide at least a little explanation, including a mention of what
URL is meant to be rewritten to what other URL?

My inclination was to just delete it, since it isn't useful, but, since I
have the mother of all headaches today, I'm willing to concede that I'm not
in the best mood, and so am probably overreacting. Persuade me I am.

New page:

= Rewriting WordPress Feeds to Feedburner =

{{{

RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} ^[A-Z]{3,9}\
/(comments/)?(feed|wp-atom|wp-feed|wp-rss|wp-rdf|wp-commentsrss)(.*)\ HTTP/
[NC,OR]

RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^feed [NC]

RewriteCond %{HTTP_USER_AGENT} !^(FeedBurner|FeedValidator) [NC]

RewriteRule .* http://feeds.askapache.com/apache/htaccess? [R=307,L]

}}}

Code based from [http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/feedsmith-htaccess.html
article]

--

Patriotism is often an arbitrary veneration of real estate above principles.

George Jean Nathan