httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: error in logs.xml
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2007 15:00:48 GMT
On 08.10.2007, at 16:36, Lucien GENTIS wrote:

> Jason Lingohr a écrit :
>> On 8/10/2007 2:52 AM, Lucien GENTIS wrote:
>>> Hi to all,
>>>
>>> Branche 2.2 - file manual/logs.xml - lines 93 and 97:
>>>
>>> I think "entry" should be replaced by "item"
>>>
>>> Lucien
>>>
>> I don't actually agree.
>>
>> This is traditionally the language used to refer to lines in log
>> files -- much like the classic "captain's log" entries in Star
>> Trek ;)
>>
> Yes, but in this case, the paragraph describes an entry, and refers
> to different parts of this entry with "First item . . ., Second
> entry, . . ., Third entry
>
> As First is an item, second and third should also be items.

Yes, I agree.

A single line in the logfile is titled as an entry here, and a single
part of this log line is then titled as an item...

There are two more occurences (in paragraphs about "frank (%u)" and
"2326 (%b)") where we should use "part" or "item" instead of entry
(I'd tend to "part" in these two latter cases).

Cheers,
Erik