httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Erik Abele <e...@codefaktor.de>
Subject Re: errors in trunk and 2.2.x
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2007 10:34:42 GMT
On 21.10.2007, at 18:56, Lucien GENTIS wrote:

> Hello,
>
> file trunk/en/bind.xml - Line 80 :
> should be "port 8000" instead of "port 8080"

Fixed.

> files trunk/en/misc/perf-tuning.xml and
> 2.2/en/misc/perf-tuning.xml : lines 30 to 42 speak of Apache 2.0
> and 1.3 ; not totally out of date, but . . .

Also fixed where it made sense - a quick grep shows that there are
quite some more occurences where it might make sense to adjust the
versioning information.

> files trunk/en/misc/perf-tuning.xml and
> 2.2/en/misc/perf-tuning.xml : lines 143-145 :	"then you will pay for
>       a double reverse DNS lookup (a reverse, followed by a forward
>       to make sure that the reverse is not being spoofed)."
>
> 	I'd rather seen "a double DNS lookup" because there are a reverse
> and a forward ones, not two reverse.

Yes, also makes more sense, changed it to "two DNS lookups".

Lucien, thanks for your contributions; maybe you want to have a look
at sending in patches [1] - this makes it often easier, especially if
multiple lines are affected.

Cheers,
Erik

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/dev/patches.html