httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Your HTTPD wiki page
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 11:17:46 GMT
On 13/08/07, Webmaster <webmaster@askapache.com> wrote:
> noodl,
>
> Your comments (below) and edits to my userpages
> (http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/AskApache
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/MrApache)
> are pointedly innappropriate and frankly very mean-spirited! I thought that

Yes, I regret the tone of that email I sent you in private.

> we were allowed to link to our homepages (http://www.askapache.com
> http://www.htaccesselite.com) on our user pages, as I notice most
> contributors do.  I want to and am allowed to contribute to the httpd wiki
> and I have something to contribute.  Besides your suggestion that I leave
> forever as I'm not wanted, do you or anyone else have a suggestion as to how
> I can participate on the wiki?

There you go again, not understanding the meaning of 'banned'.

It is very clear that your only interest in our wiki is increasing
traffic to your own site. The fact is that your site is dedicated to
making money through spurious 'SEO' practices. You have been banned
from wikipedia, here, and have caused a fuss on your own service
provider's wiki (DreamHost) by attempting further self-promotion.

If you'd made an attempt to provide some useful information on our
wiki this time rather than ignoring guidelines by reverting the
deletion of your link farm I might have reacted differently.

So I'll repeat what I said in private. I don't think you should be
allowed to make edits to our wiki. If you really have something useful
to add, then please post it to this list first for consideration.

--
noodl