httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <>
Subject HTTPD Wiki Pages
Date Thu, 16 Aug 2007 20:04:49 GMT
Good day,

Earlier today whilst reading through some of the infra@ postings I
happened across a mail which was referring to another wiki platform that
the ASF use.  CWIKI.

I have had a look at one such wiki site
and I have to say it looks impressive.  Much more inviting and
friendlier than ou current one.  From what I have read in the CWIKI
pages the look and feel is  much more customisable, the security is more
granular, and the major thing is that the wiki is not directly used, but
rather they are exported to HTML (automatically from what I can see) and
that is what people are sent links to.

I do wonder if we (the HTTPD, and more specifically the docs project)
could use this to greater affect than the MoinMoin one we currently use.

I am sure an XLST file could be created so that they exported versions
could be easily added to the official docs much more easily.  As this is
one of the aims of the wiki anyway, this should at least be thought about.

One of the benefits from the infra point of view is that these pages can
be cached far more easily than the MoinMoin ones (though I am not sure
as to the extent, or the reasonings behind this yet).

So what I am suggesting is that we possibly move to this new wiki
platform whilst there is still plenty of impetus to maintain the wiki as
proactively as we currently do.

I am more than willing to do the work to move us over to the new model,
and look at the possible links to the docs export.

Your vote please:

[  ]  +
[  ]  -

View raw message