httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <pct...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Your HTTPD wiki page
Date Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:24:15 GMT
Ok,

First of all I am not on your case, but I was concerned that this would
lead to a flame war on the wiki again through the edit comments.  The
reason I removed the links is because your last account was banned and
deleted.

However, let me apologise for jumping the gun this morning, I was rather
hoping to prevent either others doing what I had done, but in a rather
more inflammatory way, or to prevent a flame war.  It would seem that
the inverse has happened.

So if you want to re-add your links, I will happily revert my change, so
other people within the docs community, and/or the HTTPD community as a
whole can decide whether to allow or not allow those links.  Because if
I recall correctly the consensus was that parts of the material on
AskApache.com was misleading or confusing at best. I am unsure if time
may have changed those opinions, but I am happy to see what happens.

be reached, hopefully with everyones best interests intact.

We would be very happy for you ton contribute to the wiki, but you have
to accept that these will be reviewed by your peers, and may well be
edited.  Your htaccess material in the past has not conformed to what is
considered to be best practice methods and if they are published on the
wiki they may well be altered.

Regards,
Tony