httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "BasicConfigExample" by jmcg
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2007 02:18:57 GMT
On 7/16/07, Francois Gingras <francois.gingras@gmail.com> wrote:
> I believe the point of this section is to provide a complete example for
> those folks who can't seem to be able to put together a working
> configuration from various examples.
>
> While it does seem very vague and hard to grasp in a glance, it would
> provide a solid base for beginners.

In that way, how is it different from the default config file that
comes with apache?

The answer: it enables a bunch of other features. So it isn't a
"BasicConfigExample" at all. It is a complete configuration file with
a bunch of recipes already stuck in. As I said, I don't have a problem
with that as a concept if it is properly labeled and described. I do
have a big problem with suggesting that this is a good general example
that the average person should use when starting from scratch
configuring their server.

Joshua.