httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "BasicConfigExample" by jmcg
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:52:42 GMT
On 7/16/07, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpd Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by jmcg:
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/BasicConfigExample
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Added a basic apache config which is to be documented for newbies.

I don't get the point of this at all.

It seems that this is just a second-opinion on what should be in the
default httpd.conf distributed with the server. If so, I certainly
disagree.

I don't, on the other hand, have any problem if people want to make a
section (index) on the wiki linking to a bunch of complete-config
examples with various features. For example: "Configuration with SSL,
virtual hosts, and php enabled".

So I propose either deleting this page, or renaming it to something
more reasonable and starting a new index page listing complete config
files.

Joshua.