httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject wiki scratch-pad
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 13:49:07 GMT
I don't like the whole scratch-pad idea. It seems like documents will
wind up living there forever since there are no criteria to move
things in or out. Plus any time something does move in or out, the URL
gets changed. I hate changing URLs.

I suggest just creating the page in its correct location. You can use
the ScractPad page for linking pages that you are working on and don't
want to make very public yet. But even then, I'd prefer if you just
put a warning at the top mentioning the current status.

(In the medium term, I'm not even sure we should be creating wiki
pages in a hierarchy in any case. It is fine to have a hierarchy of
index pages, but the documents themselves should perhaps all be at the
root level.)

Joshua.