httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: little error
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2007 17:24:04 GMT

On Jul 22, 2007, at 10:33, Vincent Bray wrote:

> On 22/07/07, Vincent Bray <noodlet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Fixed in trunk and 2.2, thanks. Looks like somebody beat me to it
>> with 2.0 :-)
>
> Ok, so I wasn't beaten too it, I just had another mislabeled WC for
> 2.2. I've committed this to 2.0 too now, but I should ask the list...
>
> Is there a policy on maintaining the 2.0 branch docs now? The previous
> commit to them was 2 months ago and several updates seem to have been
> directed only at 2.2 and trunk in that time.
>
> I presume the 1.3 docs are considered dead but not burried?

There's no policy on this. It's merely a function of the fact that
we're a volunteer organization, and people work on the stuff that we
care about. Consequently, the 1.3 docs have become more and more
abandoned, with only occasional serious errors being fixed in that
branch. If you want to backport doc patches, you are very welcome to
do so. There are still millions of servers running the 1.3 code, and
so presumably lots of folks still need the 1.3 docs.

I've tried to remember to patch the 2.0 docs when I patch the 2.2 and
trunk docs, but it doesn't always happen. 2.0 is still very
important, with lots of people having made the jump to 2.0 but not
feeling quite confident enough to move to 2.2.

--
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that
you do it.