httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <>
Subject Re: Tiny bug [?] in 2.2 new features doc
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:37:20 GMT

On Jul 19, 2007, at 11:32, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On 7/17/07, Vincent Deffontaines <> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>> Reviewing the french translation of
>>, I have
>> found near
>> the bottom of the original, english text (paragraph "Regular
>> expression
>> API changes") :
>> "Calls to regcomp, regexec and so on can be replaced by calls to
>> ap_regcomp, ap_regcomp.".
>> Am I right supposing this should last with "calls to ap_regcomp,
>> ap_regexec" ?
>> Anyone in charge of this page, correct me or fix the original.
> Hmmm... I don't see the error. The point is that these functions where
> given special apache versions to avoid conflicting with other regex
> libraries.

The error is "ap_regcomp, ap_regcomp", which is the same word twice
in a row, and so it seems like possibly one of them is wrong. If it's
not wrong, then it would make sense to list it just once,
grammatically speaking.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few
of us left.
Oscar Levant

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: