httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Tiny bug [?] in 2.2 new features doc
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:37:20 GMT

On Jul 19, 2007, at 11:32, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On 7/17/07, Vincent Deffontaines <vincent@gryzor.com> wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> Reviewing the french translation of
>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/new_features_2_2.html, I have
>> found near
>> the bottom of the original, english text (paragraph "Regular
>> expression
>> API changes") :
>> "Calls to regcomp, regexec and so on can be replaced by calls to
>> ap_regcomp, ap_regcomp.".
>>
>> Am I right supposing this should last with "calls to ap_regcomp,
>> ap_regexec" ?
>> Anyone in charge of this page, correct me or fix the original.
>
> Hmmm... I don't see the error. The point is that these functions where
> given special apache versions to avoid conflicting with other regex
> libraries.

The error is "ap_regcomp, ap_regcomp", which is the same word twice
in a row, and so it seems like possibly one of them is wrong. If it's
not wrong, then it would make sense to list it just once,
grammatically speaking.

--
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few
of us left.