httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "BasicConfigExample" by jmcg
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 14:26:07 GMT

On Jul 16, 2007, at 22:03, Francois Gingras wrote:

> I believe the point of this section is to provide a complete
> example for those folks who can't seem to be able to put together a
> working configuration from various examples.
>
> While it does seem very vague and hard to grasp in a glance, it
> would provide a solid base for beginners.

Then it needs to be that - ie, the default config file. If we call it
a basic config, and it differs from the default config file, as
shipped with httpd, then the natural question is, why do they differ,
and which one is "more correct". The trouble with having it be the
default config, rather than, say, linking to latest svn of the
default config, is that they will get out of sync.

I feel a little oogy about doing this at all. Folks *will* take this,
and attempt to use it, as their default config. That needs to be kept
firmly in mind when putting up something like this.

--
The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts
agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer