httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: wiki scratch-pad
Date Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:06:43 GMT
> I don't like the whole scratch-pad idea. It seems like documents will
> wind up living there forever since there are no criteria to move
> things in or out. Plus any time something does move in or out, the URL
> gets changed. I hate changing URLs.

Agreed, it's a hangover from when the wiki started life on one of
pctony's servers. Changing URLs is bad practice as you say (which is
presumably why we still have
http://httpd.apache.org/info/apache_on_linux.html :-) but, should we
have a sweeping cleanup rather than letting the current page structure
lie?

> I suggest just creating the page in its correct location. You can use
> the ScractPad page for linking pages that you are working on and don't
> want to make very public yet. But even then, I'd prefer if you just
> put a warning at the top mentioning the current status.
>
> (In the medium term, I'm not even sure we should be creating wiki
> pages in a hierarchy in any case. It is fine to have a hierarchy of
> index pages, but the documents themselves should perhaps all be at the
> root level.)

Again, agreed. I'd like to see a more consistent use of CamelCase or
Worm_Case or UNGodly_mix for page names too.

Also, it's long been intended to move some of the wiki content to the
main docs. Do you see any viable candidates for transformation yet?

--
noodl