httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Order directive still busted in 2.0?
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 17:55:00 GMT

On Jul 31, 2007, at 13:50, Eric Covener wrote:

> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.0/mod/mod_access.html#order
>
> The paragraphs for Deny,Allow and Allow,Deny are (still?) swapped?

It is actually correct. However, it is explained in the most
confusing way possible. In particular, it is explained in the manner
that it is actually evaluated in the code, rather than in the manner
that anyone other than a firewall admin would think about it.

There's *got* to be a way to explain what these directives do that
won't leave almost everybody confused. I get confused every time I
read these, and have to re-read them several times to figure out if
they are correct.

I will be *SO* glad when these directives finally go away.

--
You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.
Jack London