httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Vincent Deffontaines <vinc...@gryzor.com>
Subject Re: french translation
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 20:01:09 GMT
Vinko Vrsalovic wrote:

> On 6/10/07, *Vincent Bray* <noodlet@gmail.com
> <mailto:noodlet@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>     Essentially translations must be reviewed by another native speaker,
>     so having the two of you should work out well. I don't know if the
>     previous French translator(s) are still active. Another regular on
>     this list is preparing an xslt stylesheet which I think transforms
>     the
>     xml for mat of the docs to a format suitable for the wiki here:
>

> Yes, I'm building it it currently has some problems but nothing
> unsolvable I should think. I guess after it produces nice looking
> output I'll submit it here for XSL experts to review and improve (my
> work will probably suck big time)
>
> Another thing I've been thinking about is the reverse translation, xsl
> won't cut it... I'm thinking about leaving enough information in the
> wiki output for it to be xml-able again with a perl script or
> something. Ideas?
>
>     http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Translations
>     <http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Translations>
>
>     I believe the idea is to use the wiki for collaborative translation
>     before submitting pages to be committed.
>

> Yes, that's the idea.
>
> Also it should lower the barrier of entry for people to contribute to
> translations. Where should I publicize the need for contributors? any
> idea?
>
> (I'm having a lot of problems finding a second native speaker to
> review the, currently, two docs I've done)
>
> V.
Greetings,

I am quite happy to see good wills are emerging again to translate docs
into french.
As far as I can tell, the previous waste of energies we had on this
project were due to lack of organisation/concertation. Hopefully we can
try to get things up and working this time. So that, rather than people
asking and nothing going on, we get a growing community of .fr translators.

Cheers,

Vincent Deffontaines