httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Rewrite Docs
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 13:30:23 GMT
On 5/31/07, Mads Toftum <mads@toftum.dk> wrote:
> On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 09:29:34AM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > Could this all be done in the official docs? Sure. Will it get done
> > there? I doubt it. This type of documentation (example configs solving
> > particular problems) is exactly the place where the wiki excels.
> >
> > So, Mads, can you explain how you see these docs evolving?
> >
> I'm not going to get into a long rant about why I don't like wikis - one
> only has to review the recent thread here to see why...
> That being said, if something useful evolves in the wiki, I'm all for
> pulling it back into the httpd docs.

I'm not a big fan of wikis either. But if you are going to look at
evidence, look at the quantity and quality of docs added to the wiki
in the last six months versus the work in the main docs.

I'm not about to go deleting anything in the main docs. But if the
material on the wiki becomes a superior superset of the rewriteguide,
and nobody volunteers to push the material back to the main docs, I
will be fully in favor of deleting the rewriteguide in the main docs
and linking to the wiki.

Joshua.