httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "Recipes/QueryString" by VinkoVrsalovic
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 14:50:30 GMT
On 5/30/07, Apache Wiki <wikidiffs@apache.org> wrote:
> Dear Wiki user,
>
> You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Httpd Wiki" for change notification.
>
> The following page has been changed by VinkoVrsalovic:
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Recipes/QueryString
>
> The comment on the change is:
> Consistency var=val plus I really think showing [^/]+ is important.

I'm sort of ambivalent about var=val consistency, since the query
string doesn't need to be in that format.

work for any valid three level URL. {{{http://example.com/path/var/val}}} will be transformed
into {{{http://example.com/path?var=val}}}.

>   {{{
> - RewriteRule ^/path/(\w+)/(\w+) /path?$1=$2
> + RewriteRule ^/path/([^/]+)/([^/]+) /path?$1=$2
>   }}}

I don't have a particular problem with that, but it is highly unlikely
to work if anything outside the \w character class is in there, since
URL escaping in mod_rewrite is pretty messed-up on this point. There
was a recent message on dev@httpd about that.

Joshua.