httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Rewrite Docs
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 13:29:34 GMT
On 5/30/07, Mads Toftum <mads@toftum.dk> wrote:
> On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 05:31:49PM -0400, Joshua Slive wrote:
> > By the way, I assume you are talking about the reference docs. The
> > "practical solutions" docs should be transferred to the wiki along
> > with Rich's stuff, in my opinion.
> >
> Leaning very hard towards -1 - we've got something very useful inside
> the httpd docs, let's not dump it.

I wouldn't imagine dumping it. I certainly agree that those docs are
close-to-essential for a newcomer learning mod_rewrite. The reference
docs can only get you so far; you need examples.

But those docs are also poorly organized and have barely been updated
since Ralf wrote them. And I believe that there are tons of other
interesting examples that could be added to them.

Could this all be done in the official docs? Sure. Will it get done
there? I doubt it. This type of documentation (example configs solving
particular problems) is exactly the place where the wiki excels.

So, Mads, can you explain how you see these docs evolving?

Joshua.