httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 00:35:54 GMT
On 5/29/07, Webmaster <webmaster@askapache.com> wrote:
> Cool, so how do I go about doing that?
>
> -AskApache
>
> > Yes, your account was disabled. If you want it re-enabled,
> > you'd need to convince us (the Apache HTTP Server Project
> > Management Committee) that you will abide by the guidelines here:
> > http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Contributing

The fact that you need to ask that makes me even more doubtful that
you understand our community well enough to contribute meaningfully.
Quite frankly, I think your time might be better spent someplace else.
But I am always willing to give somebody another chance. I don't speak
for the PMC as a whole, but let me be very explicit about what I would
like to see before you contribute further to the wiki:

1. An explicit statement of at least one paragraph summarizing the
wiki guidelines and confirming explicitly that you understand them and
will abide by them.

2. A choice of a new userid for the wiki. The AskApache id likely
implies to some readers that you are an official Apache spokesperson
and hence leads to confusion. Please tell us what userid you choose
before you create it. I suggest FirstnameLastname, which is the
moinmoin wiki standard.

Joshua.