httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 22:16:01 GMT
On 5/24/07, Webmaster <webmaster@askapache.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've never used this list so bear with me,

The main point here is that you need to be ready to accept and act on
feedback from more-experienced contributors. If you aren't, then you
aren't welcome as a contributor.

Perhaps part of the problem is that the feedback channel in the wiki
is not wide enough. One line commit messages don't give much room for
conversation. When I get a chance, I'll expand the information in the
wiki on how to contribute, and specifically suggest coming to this
list to discuss any conflict.

Beyond that, links to your own site are not welcome on the wiki. On
the modern internet, where links are like currency, there is too much
room for conflicts of interest. If you agree to abide by our rules,
you are welcome to contribute. But links to your site are not welcome,
no matter how relevant. You are, of course, welcome and encouraged to
maintain your site to benefit apache users. (Although your site name
is misleading and possibly a trademark violation; haven't you been
contacted by a member of our Public Relations Committee about that?)

On the specific case at hand, I have one major thing to contribute:
The whole Common_HTTPStatusCodes page is redundant in my opinion. It
duplicates (with a lot less information) the content of the HTTP spec.
In fact, I plan to delete this page unless I hear objections on this
list.

Joshua.