httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 17:11:43 GMT
Rich Bowen wrote:

> The trouble in this particular case is that the contributor in
> question writes articles that are misleading or completely wrong, and
> appears to be unaware of the fact that he is being misleading and
> wrong.

Then if AskApache will not correct the error of its ways, I suggest that you
link to its pages -- with documentation correcting all of its false
statements, as a warning to anyone who should fall upon them by accident.

After all, I might accidentally come across them by a Google search, and you
owe it to your users to ensure that such well-known falsehoods are corrected
so that we do not follow them.  That may not be a notoriety that it wants,
but too bad.

> when his articles are modified to reflect best practice and reality,
> he gets offended and changes it back.

Too bad.  If it tries that on the Wiki, ban it.

	--- Noel