httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: dead faq
Date Sat, 05 May 2007 05:33:36 GMT

On May 2, 2007, at 13:54, Joshua Slive wrote:

> The faq has been essentially abandoned. I know that I personally don't
> touch it because I find adding a quick question/answer is too much
> work. I don't know what others think, but the evidence is that nobody
> feels like supporting it.
>
> I suggest deleting the current faq and leaving only a simple page that
> contains the advice now written in the "Support" section and a link to
> http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/, which has already started to become the
> de facto faq.
>
> (If people think the "Background" section is important, than it should
> go on the main httpd.apache.org website, not as part of the
> documentation. For example, it could be incorporated in the
> ABOUT_APACHE.html page.)
>
> Scream if you have objections.

No objections - although I see it's already been done. (Sorry for the
slow response. ApacheCon was all-consuming.) I've been pleased, and
even a little pleasantly surprised, at the quality of the stuff in
the Wiki, and I think it will indeed be a good replacement for the
faq, as well as a source for changes to the official docs.

--
If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---