httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite wiki
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 19:38:47 GMT

On May 25, 2007, at 15:16, Vincent Bray wrote:

> On 25/05/07, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to donate all the content, or whatever content is useful/
>> useable, to the httpd wiki, so that it can be developed there by a
>> wider community, with better community oversight.
>
> Thank you Rich, that's excellent news.
>
> I'd like to suggest we discuss the format of a Rewrite area of the
> wiki before any of us start copy content across. In particular, I
> don't know if the current start page is in the most useful format for
> people looking for solutions rather than theory.
>
> Also, there's a clear need I think for an overhaul of the mod_rewrite
> docs, so perhaps the wiki should be used as a staging ground for that?

The layout of the rewrite.drbacchus.com site is very random, as it
was only ever intended as a scratchpad for the stuff that I have long
wanted to do with the official Rewrite Guide. Whether that is still a
goal, I don't know. Certainly the rewrite docs need help, but I think
that it's entirely possible that the wiki is a better home for the
Rewrite Guide than a few static HTML files in the docs. Perhaps a
little of each is appropriate.

--
What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few
of us left.