httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite wiki
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 08:14:42 GMT
Hi,

I've started a skeleton structure for what I see as being the relevant
role for the wiki in the rewrite docs area.

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/Rewrite

There seems to be a consensus that the wiki should be used for guides
and cookbook oriented material whereas the official docs are for the
technical details of rewrite's operation. I'm biased towards this idea
as it's hard to get stuff looked at for non-committers on this list at
the moment (the archives have several ignored patches).

Looking at Rich's older rewrite wiki, it seems to be geared more
towards explaining the behaviour of rewrite's various directives and
flags than towards being a cookbook. There's a lot of good stuff in
there, but I'd like to restructure it and extract the recipe related
material for the wiki.

As Joshua once said, "This is docs land. Don't wait for consensus,
just do it" (paraphrasing badly). So, I'm going to carry on along
these lines unless anyone thinks this isn't the right approach. Any
help would be appreciated of course :-)

--
noodl