httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Vincent Bray" <nood...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 09:19:37 GMT
> Craig McClanahan <craigmcc@apache.org> said:
> In the Apache projects I'm involved with, the only thing we kick off
> of the wiki pages is spam.  It's a wiki ... it's user contributed
> content, and not necessarily reflective of the opinions of the
> project's developers.  But it is *incredibly* useful to the users of
> the software we build.  Deal with that reality ... or close it down
> ... your choice.

But this is spam, FSVO spam. His contributions are of dubious merit
and seem mainly self-serving.

I'm with Paul and Noirin. The ASF is as much about community as about
code or other contributions. If AskApache genuinely wants to
contribute, he should license his docs to the ASF where they can (and
would) be reviewed. Linking to external sites should be limitted to
specs or vendor specific details (the distros page links to the gentoo
build docs page, for example).

--
noodl