httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Tony Stevenson <t...@pc-tony.com>
Subject Re: Rewrite wiki
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 00:40:00 GMT

Jorge Schrauwen wrote:
> On 5/25/07, Vincent Bray <noodlet@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 25/05/07, Rich Bowen <rbowen@rcbowen.com> wrote:
>> > I'd like to donate all the content, or whatever content is useful/
>> > useable, to the httpd wiki, so that it can be developed there by a
>> > wider community, with better community oversight.
>>
>> Thank you Rich, that's excellent news.
>>
>> I'd like to suggest we discuss the format of a Rewrite area of the
>> wiki before any of us start copy content across. In particular, I
>> don't know if the current start page is in the most useful format for
>> people looking for solutions rather than theory.

Noodl, what were you thinking?  Having a rewrite FAQ in the wiki, with
commonly seen questions and answers (taken from #apache and the users
list)?
With the main docs containing a few of these, but with a link to the
wiki FAQ for more examples, whilst still containing the main essence of
the current rewrite docs.

I have started to hack up some newer rewite docs pages, but will hold
back on submitting anything until I have a better understanding of the
topic itself.  These pages are rather a daunting read, let alone to
write them.

:)

> While you discussed this maybe also discussed on changes to the front
> page.
> It doesn't really look inviting and is a bit confusing at first to see
> where what is located.

Jorge, what did you have in mind exactly?  More descriptive text? Fewer
'cateogries'?
This wiki has the potential to become even more productive.  When we
first started populating it, there were a few growing pains as things
were scattered about in some rather adhoc manner.
Now that there is sunstantially more material, and more people helping
to maintain it, now maybe a good time to have an open discussion.  Not
just on structure, but content, and usage to name but a few.

Do the 'categories' need renaming? They have already have two or three
iterations, and have renamed mainly the same for the last four months or
more.  But as others get involved maybe these need a further revision?