httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 00:03:13 GMT

On 05/25/2007 01:55 AM, Webmaster wrote:

> Actually if you compare the RFC spec to the list on the wiki, you will
> notice the wiki contains a lot more Status Codes than the spec.  I admit
> that this information may be totally boring and pointless for 99.999% of
> people, but this is fascinating to me and I think it would be a shame to
> delete the most complete list of HTTP Status Codes anywhere on the net.  The
> link is to the RFC because if someone wants to learn more information they
> can go there.  The RFC is too long for the wiki and THAT would be redundant.
> Likewise the article I linked to
> http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/apache-status-code-headers-errordocument.h
> tml and the other article I linked to
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes also contain
> additional information.  Especially my article, which is the only published
> reference of the actual headers and data sent by apache for all 57 HTTP
> Status Codes.  How many does the RFC talk about? 40?  So I guess I am

RFC2616 talks about 41, where one of them is reserved, but not used (306).
There are only 50 in total and not 57 because there are gaps.

The remaining 9:

426 belongs to RFC2817 (1)
102, 207, 422, 423, 424, 507 belong to RFC2518 (6)
506 belongs to RFC2295 (1)
510 belongs to RFC2774 (1)

So I guess it would make sense to have links to all five RFC's above.

Regards

RĂ¼diger