httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 14:55:23 GMT
Yoav Shapira wrote:

> Hi,

>> On 5/23/07, William A. Rowe, Jr. <wrowe@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
>> > We have a serious issue to determine, and I've asked for a 48 hour
>> cooldown
>> > of wiki.apache.org/httpd/ to make a decision, and in the meantime
>> asked that
>> > the wiki become read-only for the conclusion of this decision.
>> >
>> >  [ X  ] Our httpd wiki is open to external resources for httpd.
>> >  [  ] External httpd resources are prohibited.
>
> <snip />
>
>> If a Wiki isn't open to community input ( where "community" here means
>> *users*, not the typical Apache definition of "community" meaning the
>> *committers*), then what is it for?  Committers can already post to
>
> I Agree with Craig.

ditto. Derby has a "Uses of Derby" wiki page [1] and an
articles/tutorials/tips page [2]  that we encourage users to update.
It's fine for somebody to post a link to his/her own article (they are
the ones who are likely to know about it in the first place).

but methinks we should add a disclaimer to each page that says the derby
project doesn't verify/endorse the information or products provided at
any of those links.

 -jean

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/UsesOfDerby
[2] http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/WorkingWithDerby