httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: Rewrite Docs
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 20:37:34 GMT
On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 09:24:31PM +0100, Tony Stevenson wrote:
> Ok,
>
> After my last few patches lacked the necessary gusto to be comitted (due
> to my less than perfect English), I have been plugging away on the
> rewrite docs, the ones that no one wants to touch.  I have noticed a
> common theme throughout the exisiting documents that relate mod_rewrite
> to voodoo/magic.
>
> In my hacked-up/new versions I have removed all references to this.  I
> just feel it outsthe frighteners on people, before they really should be
> scared.
>
> I guess what I am trying to ask, is, does anyone have any objections this?

Yeah, I do have a objection ... how is Rich going to sell his book if
you make it all easy? ;)
Kidding aside, I don't really like that you're stripping the "soul" of
the original doc. For many people, mod_rewrite is difficult to grasp and
tricking them into thinking that it isn't won't help one bit.
As it is, someone else has already stripped more than enough of the
original warnings and I'd be +1 to keeping the ones that are still there
today.

vh

Mads Toftum
--