httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Colm MacCarthaigh <>
Subject Re: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 21:58:52 GMT
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 09:04:43PM +0100, Noirin Plunkett wrote:
> > 4. Its a not-for-profit site.
> I don't really care. It's a not-for-sharing, not-community-editable
> site.

And to further illustratre that we really *don't* care; you can actually
take the entire official Apache httpd documentation tree, and publish a
copy on your site.  You can surround it with as many ads as you like and
you can make as much money as you can, and it's all permitted by the

Any use you can make of the content in the wiki is less clear, but the
ethos of the ASF is as above, and with some small effort (if neccessary)
I certainly believe the same could be made the case for it.

It is also not as if by contributing content to the wiki, the content
on your site would cease to exist :-)

Colm MacCárthaigh                        Public Key:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message