httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Noirin Plunkett <noi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 07:44:06 GMT
On Thu, May 24, 2007 at 01:56:19AM -0500, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> We have a serious issue to determine, and I've asked for a 48 hour cooldown
> of wiki.apache.org/httpd/ to make a decision, and in the meantime asked that
> the wiki become read-only for the conclusion of this decision.
>
>  [ ] Our httpd wiki is open to external resources for httpd.
>  [X] External httpd resources are prohibited.
>
> I mean this explicitly, obviously a link to MS/Sun/RedHat about their
> specific platform would be genuinely useful and relevant.

Including that caveat, I'm in favour of keeping external httpd resources
out.

> I'm asking about askapache's external links, which have not been actually
> contributed to the foundation.  And we've never presumed that pointers to
> external links are resources under the AL.

If AskApache would like to contribute content - BRILLIANT! If they'd
like to have their content on the wiki, but aren't sure how to wikify
them, please, just license them right, and there are a bunch of active
contributors who'll help get them up there.

If AskApache just want extra traffic, I don't see that that's helpful or
beneficial to us, or our users.

> Once we determine a policy, I belive we owe megaspaz and AskApache a second
> chance once they are informed of the definative policy.
>
> Future wiki abuse would, of course, lead to account and IP blockage.  But
> I believe at this moment both acted in best-faith without any guidance from
> our project, and we need to have policies so folks can be responsible wiki
> users.

+1