httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Webmaster" <webmas...@askapache.com>
Subject RE: [Issue] External links @ the wiki, aka pagechange wars
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 23:55:07 GMT
> The whole Common_HTTPStatusCodes page is redundant in my
> opinion. It duplicates (with a lot less information) the
> content of the HTTP spec.
> In fact, I plan to delete this page unless I hear objections
> on this list.
>
> Joshua.

Actually if you compare the RFC spec to the list on the wiki, you will
notice the wiki contains a lot more Status Codes than the spec.  I admit
that this information may be totally boring and pointless for 99.999% of
people, but this is fascinating to me and I think it would be a shame to
delete the most complete list of HTTP Status Codes anywhere on the net.  The
link is to the RFC because if someone wants to learn more information they
can go there.  The RFC is too long for the wiki and THAT would be redundant.
Likewise the article I linked to
http://www.askapache.com/htaccess/apache-status-code-headers-errordocument.h
tml and the other article I linked to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_HTTP_status_codes also contain
additional information.  Especially my article, which is the only published
reference of the actual headers and data sent by apache for all 57 HTTP
Status Codes.  How many does the RFC talk about? 40?  So I guess I am
objecting, and I hope someone understands why.  Or am I just missing
something?

AskApache

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:59 PM