httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Ruediger Pluem <rpl...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Meaning of man/man8/?
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 22:05:10 GMT

On 03/29/2007 11:23 PM, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Ruediger Pluem wrote:
>
>>logresolve

Damn copy and paste. Of course this belongs to bin / man1. Thanks
for pointing this out.

>>apxs
>>apu-1-config
>

> apxs, apu-1-config aren't related to running binaries, in fact aren't
> even related to 'running the server'.  ap[ru]-1-config I would outright
> veto (not even httpd's place, and they are userspace libraries), while
> root manages everything in the first group, the second group are user
> space tools, or are multipurpose (logresolve).

Ok, I think you are right and they have mixed usage. Compiling a module
would be done by a user whereas installing it might be a task reserved to root.
Would it make sense to move ap[ru]-1-config and apxs to build/?

Regards

RĂ¼diger