httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <scte...@apache.org>
Subject Can I include HTML entities in XML source?
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 01:04:48 GMT
Folks,

I am working on some documentation for mod_ftp, and am using the
httpd manual format.  I'm running into the following small problem: I
would like to include HTML entities into the documents, like &mdash;
&lsquo; and &rsquo;.  While XML documents containing these characters
build fine, they make Firefox' parser crap out with an error like so:

XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: file:///home/sctemme/asf/httpd/trunk/docs/manual/ftp/
ftp_tls.xml
Line Number 64, Column 6:

4217 &mdash; Securing FTP with TLS</a></seealso>
-----^

Any way I can define these entities?  Having Firefox barf on them
makes it harder to proof the documents.

Oh, don't go looking for that doc in that location: it's a symlink
from my mod_ftp checkout.

Thanks,

S.