httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Mads Toftum <m...@toftum.dk>
Subject Re: What to do with changed generated files?
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2007 06:50:21 GMT
On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 11:16:25PM -0500, Sander Temme wrote:
> 1) Commit inadvertedly changed generated files with ones own change?

Not the best way - it gets a bit messy that way.

> 2) Commit own change, its generated files, and then commit inadvertedly
>    changed generated files under separate cover?

I think that would be the preferred option.

> 3) Commit just ones own change and its generated files?

That's ok too if you're unsure about what else is being picked up or
worried that there might be an error in it.

> 4) Commit just ones own change and leave it to someone else to generate
>    the HTML?

That does happen at times when people have trouble generating the html,
but with Andre not going through and picking up everyone elses mess as
often as he used to, that isn't fabulous.

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk