httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: What to do with changed generated files?
Date Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:28:01 GMT

On Feb 23, 2007, at 2:19 PM, Ruediger Pluem wrote:

> Commit your own changes to xml
> Commit the generated files in a second step

I tend to think that Your XML + Its resulting HTML + Its secondary
impact on .xml.meta files constitute a single, atomic change. In
other words: edit the HTML, run the build, commit what it touches.

> For me building the generated files is some sort of compiling and
> personally
> I never check the changes done by such commits.

You mean that you don't review the HTML commits? There should not be
any need to do so unless the build system is broken, or the XML
change made the build fail. And in that case I assume that none of us
would commit XML that resulted in a build failure.

S.