httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Rich Bowen <rbo...@rcbowen.com>
Subject Re: [Httpd Wiki] Update of "Recipes/RedirectSSL" by JohnCrown
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 14:53:31 GMT

On Jan 3, 2007, at 09:13, Apache Wiki wrote:

> + = Redirect To SSL with .htaccess =
> + '''following htaccess methods are from: [http://www.askapache.com/
> 2006/htaccess/apache-ssl-in-htaccess-examples.html askApache.com]'''
> + {{{
> + # If server does not have mod_ssl or mod_rewrite deny access
> + [IfModule !mod_rewrite.c]
> + [IfModule !mod_ssl.c]
> + deny from all
> + [/IfModule]
> + [/IfModule]
> + }}}

This, and other bits on this page, appear to be cargo-culted from
modssl.org, askapache.com, and various other places. I'm not real
comfortable with that precedent, particularly when the given examples
are inaccurate. Can we stick to functional examples, and original
work, please?

JohnCrown, are you on this mailing list? We've got some rather
specific goals for the wiki. Foremost is the enhancement of the
official documentation. As such, contributions must be stuff that
you're actually legally able to give to the ASF. And, of course, they
also need to be accurate. I see that a number of your edits have been
reverted, and I imagine that must be frustrating. But you can't copy
stuff from other websites and paste it onto this website. We take
copyright pretty seriously.

--
If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---