httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Sander Temme <san...@temme.net>
Subject Re: <directive>
Date Mon, 27 Nov 2006 21:38:41 GMT

On Nov 27, 2006, at 1:17 PM, Joshua Slive wrote:

> On 11/27/06, Chris Pepper <pepper@reppep.com> wrote:
>>         Does <directive> require the filename for directives which
>> are in the same file? I'm specifically looking at Allow/Deny/Order
>
> If I remember correctly, the filename is necessary if you want a link.
> The non-filename form will style it like a directive, but won't make
> the link.

As I have been dabbling in the mod_ftp incubator podling
documentation, I find that <directive module="foo"> will make it a
link. If you want to link to a directive elsewhere in the same file,
just use the module name at hand. That is, editing docs/manual/mod/
mod_bar.xml, you put <directive module="bar">.

All of this is personal experience and gleaned from how other modules
do it: it may not be the official Apache Way.

But it seems to work.

S.