httpd-docs mailing list archives

From Jeff McAdams <je...@iglou.com>
Subject Diff for Firefox rendering of source xml files
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 14:17:14 GMT
Heya all,

Fairly long time lurker, first time poster.

Trying to wrap my brain around how some of the documentation stuff works
for httpd.

I figured starting with something simple would be wise, though I'm not
sure I actually picked something simple.  *shrug*

This patch allows Firefox to render the source xml files for
manual/howto/auth.xml and manual/custom-error.xml

Basically all it does is replace "&nbsp;" with "&#160;".  For some
reason, Firefox doesn't seem to find the entity definition for "&nbsp;".

There are a couple of instances of this in some other files in other
languages, but I'm not confident that my setup won't mangle a file in
other charsets, so I'll hold off on submitting any of those changes
right now.

There may be other reasons that Firefox won't render some of the files,
but this should at least be a step in the right direction, and makes
howto/auth.xml and custom-error.xml work for me.  Only downside I see is
that it makes the source files slightly more obtuse since I think its
more evident what nbsp does in comparison to #160.
--
Jeff McAdams
little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."