httpd-docs mailing list archives

From "Jorge Schrauwen" <jorge.schrau...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache docs wiki
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:56:14 GMT
Hi all,

Bit more info as to why:
I visit some popular httpd boards (Devside.net, Apachelounge.com...) usually
users as about the same question.
How do I configure a DAV server, How do I password protect a folder, how to
I force location /someloc to be always ssl, how do I create Aliases... this
list goes on and on.

Usually links are provided to resource some counter dicting eachother, some
just don't work and so on.
So I had the idea of create a wiki for this that everyone could post to, fix
broken piece of code, extend them...

I chatted about this with some friends and the they linked the idea. But we
also agreed that hosting it ourselves wouldn't be get as much community
activity as a official one at httpd.a.o.

I'd also be willing to help moderate the wiki.

Here are some links that use the same code examples:
The need to upgrade from http to https
http://forums.devside.net/viewtopic.php?p=363#363
http://forums.devside.net/viewtopic.php?p=3605#3605
http://www.apachelounge.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=828&highlight=ssl+rewriteengine

Due to a being a bit short on time today i can't provide more example but
just googling should turn up a few.

Jorge

--
~Jorge