httpd-docs mailing list archives

From WDaquell <wdaqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Patch] mod_aspdotnet HelloWorld Tutorial
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2006 16:38:36 GMT

>> In an effort the keep the mod_aspdotnet project alive, I've created a
>> small tutorial for implementing mod_aspdotnet in Apache 2.0.x. The
>> xml file is as complete as I can get it (it took me a few hours to
>> scout out the coding conventions), but I can't take it any farther
>> myself. It's attached to this email. If anyone can help me get it
>> applied, I would appreciate it greatly.
>
> Several questions:
>
> Where does this go? In the /docs/howtos/ directory?
> Bill Rowe and/or Matt Lewandowski, can you please review this and put
> your stamp of approval on it?
> Is this specifically 2.0.x, or does it also apply to 2.2.x? I'd hate
> to stick something in the 2.0 docs and have it vanish in the
> 2.2/2.3/2.4 docs.
>
> Thanks.

The official release of mod_aspdotnet only works with 2.0.x (that is,
release 2.0.0), but the latest beta will work with 2.2.x. However, since
it wasn't ratified, I stuck with the official release. It will be
trivial to update the documentation if the beta is ever released though.
In reviewing the document, I updated a few lines and fixed a code error.
I've also tested it step-by-step on my machine without any contention of
quality. Thanks.

-Wraith